Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

UKAY UKAY is SO OKAY!

Ukay ukay is a HEAVEN for fashionistas (still learning how to be one though!).

The first time that I went to an UKAY shop was 3 years ago when I was looking for a fur / thick jacket because I was going to Sydney. Before I went here, I first went to department stores and greenhills to buy a  brand new one but OMG! It was very expensive! I found a khaki colored jacket that I really liked but it was priced at a whooooping 3, 500 pesos! And at that tag? Definitely NO!

It was just a coincidence that I fumbled upon an UKAY UKAY store in Quiapo. I was going to buy DVD's and going to church but when I passed by the open spaced store, I can't help it but check it out.

Finally, after browsing for a couple of minutes, I found a very cute purple jacket. I'm sure that it is sized for children coz it fits me perfectly! (I have a really petite form so its very tricky to find clothes that fit me.) Anyway, it was really nice coz it has a zipper wherein you can remove and reattach back the fur lavander hood. Unfortunately, I can't take a picture because I had to leave it in Sydney along with 2 of my heavy jackets to free some space for the wine and chocolates that I was bringing home. Anyway, I brought it only for 150 pesos! Super cheap!!!

So that event started my love for going to Ukay shops and find some fashion worthy clothes. I've never been to a lot of shops. I even didn't visit the one in Baguio when I went there. (I was with BF and he won't be able to stand the smell there! hehe) Anyway, there are a lot of them here in Manila as well as in Cavite. 

 
I decided to blog about this coz I got inspired by the website that I found: http://ukayukayescapades.i.ph/. I like doing reviews and this will be a good start for that.
We'll see what kind of job can I do for this and I'm gonna call it :
THE PROJECT ELJ.

No comments: